Date 8 October 2002
Event ID 613772
Type FIELD VISIT
Notes Standing bronze sculpture of King Tom, the foundation stallion of Baron Mayer de Rothschild's stud. The horse has his head up and his ears pricked. He stands on a bronze plinth attached to a rectangular pedestal made up of blocks of stone.
Inspected By : T.S.
Inscriptions : On west side of pedestal (in incised letters):
. KING . TOM .
Signatures : On top of plinth in front of near hind hoof (in incised letters):
BOEHM fecit 1874
On east side of plinth (in incised letters):
YOUNG & CO / ART FOUNDERS / PIMLICO SW.
Design period : 1874
Information from Public Monuments and Sculpture Association (PMSA Work Ref : EDIN1162)
Person Sir Joseph Edgar Boehm
Organisation Young & Co.
Person Tracy Smith
Organisation PMSA Public Monuments and Sculpture Association
Showing 1 of 1 results
|Site Number||Site Name||Site Type||Council|
||Edinburgh, Dalmeny House
Alternative(s) Dalmeny House Policies; Dalmeny Park; Sundial; Dalmeny Auxiliary Hospital
|COUNTRY HOUSE (19TH CENTURY), HOSPITAL (FIRST WORLD WAR)||EDINBURGH, CITY OF|