Alternative Names Greenloaning For Braco
Site Type RAILWAY STATION
Canmore ID 105436
Site Number NN80NW 41
NGR NN 8352 0773
Council PERTH AND KINROSS
Former Region TAYSIDE
Former District PERTH AND KINROSS
Former County PERTHSHIRE
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
View this site on a map
|Notes and Activities|
NN80NW 41 8352 0773
(Location cited as NN 835 077). Greenloaning Station, opened 1848 by the Scottish Central Rly. Formerly a two-platform through station, the down-platform station building survives. This station is of the typical Scottish Central Rly. design, One-storey and attic on an L plan, with crow-stepped gables. The awning has been removed.
J R Hume 1977.
This intermediate station on the Stirling-Perth (main) line of the former Caledonian Rly. was also known as Greenloaning for Braco. It was opened by the Scottish Central Rly. on 22 May 1848 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 11 June 1956. The line itself remains in use.
R V J Butt 1995.
A former Caledonian Railway Company station, closed to passengers in 1956 which is visible on vertical air photographs (OS 83/134/004-5, flown 1983).
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM/DE) July 1996.
|Books and References|
Butt, R V J (1995) The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present, Sparkford, nr Yeovil
Page(s): 109 Held at RCAHMS J.6.7.BUT
Hume, J R (1977a) The industrial archaeology of Scotland, 2, the Highlands and Islands London
Page(s): 253 Held at RCAHMS J.4.11.HUM