Inverurie, Old Station

© Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100020548.

Alternative Names Inverury Station; Original Inverurie Station
Site Type RAILWAY STATION
Canmore ID 120077
Site Number NJ72SE 153
NGR NJ 7783 2110
Council ABERDEENSHIRE
Parish INVERURIE
Former Region GRAMPIAN
Former District GORDON
Former County ABERDEENSHIRE
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
NGR Desc NJ c. 7783 2110

Canmore Mapping
View this site on a map



Notes and Activities

Archaeological Notes

NJ72SE 153 c. 7783 2110

For (successor and present) Inverurie Station (NJ 7758 2180), see NJ72SE 151.

This intermediate station on the Inverness-Aberdeen (main) line of the Great North of Scotland Rly. was formerly situated 850m S of the present station (NJ72SE 151). It opened (as Inverury Station) on 20 September 1854, became the junction station for the Old Meldrum branch on 1 July 1856, was renamed Inverurie Station on 1 May 1866 and was replaced by the present station on 10 February 1902.
R V J Butt 1995.

 
Books and References

Butt, R V J (1995) The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present, Sparkford, nr Yeovil
Page(s): 128, 177 Held at RCAHMS J.6.7.BUT

Showing 1 from 1
Charity SC026749