Irvine, Bogside, Glasgow And South-Western Railway, Bogside Station
Alternative Names Bogside Race Course Station; Towns Moor; Cadgers Race Course
Site Type RAILWAY STATION
Canmore ID 139818
Site Number NS34SW 54
NGR NS 30997 40315
Council NORTH AYRSHIRE
Former Region STRATHCLYDE
Former District CUNNINGHAME
Former County AYRSHIRE
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
View this site on a map
|Notes and Activities|
NS34SW 54 30997 40315.
Station (disused) [NAT]
OS 1:10,000 map, 1983.
Not to be confused with Bogside Station of the Caledonian Rly. (NS 3136 4042), for which see NS34SW 53.
Not to be confused with Bogside station in Fife, for which see NS99SE 7.
This intermediate station on the Kilwinning-Troon portion of the Glasgow-Ayr (main) line of the (former) Glasgow and South-Western Rly. was opened (as Bogside Station) on 23 March 1840 by the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Rly. It apparently reopened on 1 June 1894 and was renamed Bogside Race Course station on 30 June 1952, but reverted to the original name on 14 June 1965 before closing to regular passenger traffic on 2 January 1967.
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 29 January 1999.
R V J Butt 1995.
|Books and References|
Butt, R V J (1995) The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present, Sparkford, nr Yeovil
Page(s): 38 Held at RCAHMS J.6.7.BUT