Closeburn, Railway Station
Alternative Names Closeburn Station
Site Type RAILWAY STATION
Canmore ID 140123
Site Number NX89SE 60
NGR NX 89714 92345
Council DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY
Former Region DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY
Former District NITHSDALE
Former County DUMFRIES-SHIRE
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
View this site on a map
|Notes and Activities|
NX89SE 60.00 89714 92345
NX89SE 60.01 NX 89675 92336 Station Cottage
For Railway Cottages at NX 89675 92201 and NX 89782 92157, see NX 89SE
This intermediate station on the Glasgow - Dumfries - Carlisle ('Nith valley') main line of the former Glasgow and South Western Rly was opened by the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr (Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle) Rly on 15 October 1849. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 11 September 1961.
The line remains in regular use by passenger traffic.
Information from RCAHMS (DE) February 1999 and (RJCM), 24 July 2009.
RVJ Butt 1995.
|Books and References|
Butt, R V J (1995) The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present, Sparkford, nr Yeovil
Page(s): 64 Held at RCAHMS J.6.7.BUT