Crossmichael, Station Place, Station
Alternative Names Crossmichael Station
Site Type RAILWAY STATION
Canmore ID 209680
Site Number NX76NW 55
NGR NX 72900 66901
Council DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY
Former Region DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY
Former District STEWARTRY
Former County KIRKCUDBRIGHTSHIRE
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
View this site on a map
|Notes and Activities|
NX76SW 55 72900 66901
This intermediate station on the Portpatrick and Wigtownshire Joint Rly (which formed the greater part of the Dumfries-Stranraer 'Port Road') was opened (by the Portpatrick Rly) on 12 March 1861. It closed to regular passenger traffic, with the Stranraer (Challoch Junction) - Dumfries portion of the line, on 14 June 1965.
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 28 July 2009.
G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.
|Books and References|
Butt, R V J (1995) The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present, Sparkford, nr Yeovil
Page(s): 73 Held at RCAHMS J.6.7.BUT
Daniels and Dench, G and L (1980) Passengers no more, London
Page(s): 87 Held at RCAHMS J.6.7.DAN