Site Type CROSS SLAB (EARLY MEDIEVAL)
Canmore ID 259816
Site Number NO21NW 288
NGR NO 205 178
Council PERTH AND KINROSS
Parish ABERNETHY (PERTH AND KINROSS)
Former Region TAYSIDE
Former District PERTH AND KINROSS
Former County PERTHSHIRE
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
View this site on a map
|Notes and Activities|
|DESK BASED ASSESSMENT|
Notes NO21NW 288 205 178
A cross fragment, measuring 2' 3" by 1' 7 1/2" thick, acted as the lintel of a well in the garden of Carpow House (NO 2057 1783) prior to moving to its present location (see NO21NW 1 22532 18192), and the missing part is believed to have been built into one of the steadings on Carpow Estate.
Information from OS.
J R Allen and J Anderson 1903; A Laing 1878; F T Wainwright 1955.
|18 May 1970||FIELD VISIT|
Notes The cross-slab fragment was recorded by the OS in 1970, lying at the foot of the Mugdrum Cross.
Visited by OS (R D) 18 May 1970.