Kildinny

© Copyright and database right 2014. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100020548.

Alternative Names Kildinny, Horse-Gin House; Kildinny Steading, West Block
Site Type FARMHOUSE, FARMSTEAD, HORSE ENGINE HOUSE
Canmore ID 26576
Site Number NO01NE 43
NGR NO 06746 17738
Council PERTH AND KINROSS
Parish FORTEVIOT
Former Region TAYSIDE
Former District PERTH AND KINROSS
Former County PERTHSHIRE
Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Canmore Mapping
View this site on a map

Notes and Activities

Archaeological Notes

NO01NE 43 06746 17738

For mill dam and pond (NO 0646 1695) supplying water to this steading, see NO01NE 90.

(Location cited as NO 067 177). Horse-gin house, Kildinny. A circular rubble structure with a slate roof.
J R Hume 1977.

The 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Perthshire, sheet cix, 1866) depicts a roofed and circular horse-engine house at Kildinny steading. It had evidently been removed by 1901, when it was omitted from the 2nd edition of the map (Perthshire, sheet cix.NE).
Information from RCAHMS (JRS), 12 January 1996.

 
Books and References

Hume, J R (1977a) The industrial archaeology of Scotland, 2, the Highlands and Islands London
Page(s): 265 Held at RCAHMS J.4.11.HUM

Showing 1 from 1
Charity SC026749