Alternative Names Monifieth, St Regulus' Church
Site Type CROSS
Canmore ID 33411
Site Number NO43SE 25.04
NGR NO 4953 3235
Parish MONIFIETH (ANGUS)
Former Region TAYSIDE
Former District CITY OF DUNDEE
Former County ANGUS
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
View this site on a map
|Notes and Activities|
NO43SE 25.4 4953 3235.
No. 4 is the shaft of a free-standing cross, 3 feet 10 inches high by 11 inches wide and 7 inches thick. Bears human and animal figures. It is in the RMS(NMAS) Acc.no. IB 25.
J R Allen and J Anderson 1903; J Stuart 1867; J Neish 1873.
|Books and References|
Allen and Anderson, J R and J (1903) The early Christian monuments of Scotland: a classified illustrated descriptive list of the monuments with an analysis of their symbolism and ornamentation, Edinburgh
Page(s): pt. 3, 228-30 illust Held at RCAHMS G.1.11.ALL
Neish, J (1873a) 'Note of a donation of four sculptured stones from Monifieth, Forfarshire', Proc Soc Antiq Scot, vol.9
Stuart, J (1867) Sculptured Stones of Scotland v2,, vol.2 Edinburgh
Page(s): pl. 80 Held at RCAHMS D.4.L.R