Edinburgh, Redford Road, Dreghorn Castle
Site Type CASTLE
Canmore ID 51789
Site Number NT26NW 44
NGR NT 22278 68134
Council EDINBURGH, CITY OF
Parish EDINBURGH (EDINBURGH, CITY OF)
Former Region LOTHIAN
Former District CITY OF EDINBURGH
Former County MIDLOTHIAN
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
View this site on a map
NT26NW 44.00 22278 68134
NT26NW 44.01 22570 68654 Lodge
Dreghorn Castle was demolished in 1955. Information from Demolitions catalogue held in RCAHMS Library.
NT26NW 65 2126 6780 Bonaly Tower
ARCHITECT: A and J Elliot c.1805
Demolished, April 1955.
NMRS SPECIAL COLLECTION: LORIMER
LOR/DREGHORN CASTLE/1: 'Casino Chimneypiece' Restoration after fire. Dyeline print and watercolour. signed: 'JFM'. JF Mathew. d.December, 1905.
Non-Guardianship Sites Plan Collection, DC23395- DC23396, 1920 & 1976.
|Notes and Activities|
|Books and References|
Colinton old and new (1926) Colinton old and new, Colinton
Held at RCAHMS D.8.41.COL.P
Coventry, M (2008) Castles of the Clans: the strongholds and seats of 750 Scottish families and clans, Musselburgh
Page(s): 160,278,385,448,477,574 Held at RCAHMS F.5.21.COV
Forsyth, R (1805-8) The beauties of Scotland: containing a clear and full account of the agriculture, commerce. mines and manufactures of the population, cities, towns, villages &c of each county, 5v, 2 sets Edinburgh
Page(s): Vol.1 Held at RCAHMS D.20.FOR.R