Buittle Parish Church And Churchyard
Alternative Names Buittle Church Of Scotland And Walled Churchyard
Site Type BURIAL GROUND, CHURCH, CHURCHYARD, WAR MEMORIAL(S) (20TH CENTURY)
Canmore ID 64876
Site Number NX85NW 13
NGR NX 80801 59890
Council DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY
Former Region DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY
Former District STEWARTRY
Former County KIRKCUDBRIGHTSHIRE
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
View this site on a map
The new church of Buittle was built in 1819.
H Scott 1917
Scottish Record Office:
Seating plan (1818) for the new church.
It accompanies papers concerning the division of sittings.
1819 and 1827 GD 185/1/40
New gallery built for Buittle Church.
A letter from Col. Maxwell to Sir Robert Abercromby deals with arranging
sittings in the new gallery.
1840 GD 185/1/40
(Undated) information in NMRS.
|Notes and Activities|
|Books and References|
Gifford, J (1996) Dumfries and Galloway, The Buildings of Scotland series London
Page(s): 135-6 Held at RCAHMS Quick
Scott, H et al (eds.) (1915-61) Fasti ecclesiae Scoticanae: the succession of ministers in the Church of Scotland from the Reformation, Revision Edinburgh
Page(s): Vol.2, 398 Held at RCAHMS C.3.2.FES