Site Type INSCRIBED STONE (17TH CENTURY), LINTEL (17TH CENTURY)
Canmore ID 67871
Site Number NY48NE 21
NGR NY 497 894
Council SCOTTISH BORDERS, THE
Former Region BORDERS
Former District ROXBURGH
Former County ROXBURGHSHIRE
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
View this site on a map
|Notes and Activities|
NY48NE 21 497 894
A lintel bearing a shield, an inscription, and dated 1621 has been inserted in the W gable of the old schoolhouse, adjoining the parish church.
Lintel as described except that it is in the North gable of the building. No further information obtained.
Visited by OS (TRG) 26 June 1979.
|Books and References|
RCAHMS (1956) The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. An inventory of the ancient and historical monuments of Roxburghshire: with the fourteenth report of the Commission, 2v Edinburgh
Page(s): 88, No.76 Held at RCAHMS A.1.1.INV/14