Edinburgh, West Crosscauseway, Buccleuch And Greyfriars Free Church
Alternative Names Chapel Street; Buccleuch Free Church
Site Type CHURCH (19TH CENTURY)
Canmore ID 74053
Site Number NT27SE 512
NGR NT 26096 72967
Council EDINBURGH, CITY OF
Parish EDINBURGH (EDINBURGH, CITY OF)
Former Region LOTHIAN
Former District CITY OF EDINBURGH
Former County MIDLOTHIAN
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
View this site on a map
Architects, J W & J Hay, Liverpool. Decorated in the Gothic style, 88ft long by 44ft wide.
Stone from Grange quarry and dressings of Kenmuir from Glasgow.
Contractor, Mr T Bonnar.
The Building Chronicle, 1856
|Notes and Activities|
NT27SE 512 26096 72967
|Books and References|
Building Chronicle (1854-7) Building Chron, vol.1 and 2 Edinburgh
Page(s): 30, pl V Held at RCAHMS D.6