Edinburgh, Forrest Road, New North Free Church
Alternative Names Bristo Place; George Iv Bridge; Bedlam Theatre; Edinburgh University Chaplaincy Centre; New North Church
Site Type CHAPLAINCY (20TH CENTURY), CHURCH (19TH CENTURY), FACULTY BUILDING (20TH CENTURY), THEATRE (20TH CENTURY), UNIVERSITY (20TH CENTURY)
Canmore ID 74107
Site Number NT27SE 472
NGR NT 25734 73219
Council EDINBURGH, CITY OF
Parish EDINBURGH (EDINBURGH, CITY OF)
Former Region LOTHIAN
Former District CITY OF EDINBURGH
Former County MIDLOTHIAN
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
NGR Desc Centred on NT 25734 73219
View this site on a map
Thomas Hamilton (1846-48)
The New North Free Church has been used by Edinburgh University as a Fine Art Department and University Chaplaincy Centre.
Edinburgh City Public Library, Edinburgh Room
'Story of West St Giles Parish Church' by James Pringle (Session Clerk) (1916)
Small view of the Church at Meadow Place.
'The New North Church' by Josiah Livingston (1893)
Historical File - 'The New North Church'
|Notes and Activities|